Wednesday 4 September 2019

Behind the research: Eva-Maria Egger

Over the course of the last 10 years, the Migrating out of Poverty consortium has drawn on the enthusiasm and expertise of many people across the globe. This blog series focuses on the people behind the research, who have kindly shared personal reflections and learning from their experience of working with the consortium. 

Eva was a doctoral student at Sussex who worked on the quantitative data, and income and remittances research themes for Migrating out of Poverty during the period 2013 to 2017.

She went on to be a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the International Fund for Agricultural Development and, starting September 2019, will take up a new position as a research fellow for UNU-WIDER.
“Migrating out of Poverty shaped my profile as researcher and helped me to find my post-doctoral research position. The exposure to other disciplines and researchers from developing countries provided me with a valuable experience outside of the normal doctoral studies. The topics of migration and poverty continue to be relevant and in high demand. My work with Migrating out of Poverty proved rewarding not only during my doctoral studies, but also for my career after that.
I am most proud of the quantitative panel data in Ghana. Together with the team of CMS in Ghana, we managed to combine the first and second rounds of quantitative data. I then used this data for one of my PhD chapters and it got published in the IZA Journal of Development and Migration with Julie Litchfield as co-author.”
The Migrating out of Poverty programme has been a true team effort, and we appreciate the role each individual has played in producing and disseminating the research.

Thank you for all your hard work with the Migrating out of Poverty programme, Eva-Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to respond to anything said by the author of this blog? Please leave comment below.